Globus is a fast and secure data transfer network and is the preferred method of data delivery.
Customers receive an email with a Globus link when sequence data is available. A Globus ID must be provided for each data recipient.
Data is written directly to a customer’s S3 bucket and an email is sent when the data are available. Customers provide the S3 bucket, AWS credentials (to write to the bucket) and a bucket path (if desired).
Other methods of data transfer can be arranged, but these will incur fees. For instance, we can set up an S3 bucket that investigators can use for AWS S3 transfers or “wget” web downloads (not very efficient).
1. Click on the Globus link (It will take you to the login page if needed)
2. Select the files that you want to transfer (download)
3. Select the “Transfer or Sync to…” icon
4. On the right (in the destination) enter the storage endpoint “RIS Storage1” in the “Collection”.
5. Then enter the path to your RIS storage allocation in the “Path” box.
6. Select “Start” to begin the transfer.
If you wish to transfer data to a desktop computer or hard drive, you will need to install Globus Connect Personal (https://www.globus.org/globus-connect-personal) and create a personal endpoint. Once a personal endpoint is created, you can transfer any future Globus collections to your machine.